Happy holidays everyone, and I’lll see you in January.
Whether you are a long time member of the PUG, or just dropped by once–I encourage you to attend. Welcome and Snacks start at 6pm, with QA, speakers and food intermingled throughout.
AND, you won’t go home smelling like coffee!
I hope to see you there!
More details, including RSVP information may be found by clicking on the poster to the right.
- Brian is heading to tek-x this next year: http://tek.phparch.com/
- Dan is heading to ZendCon in November: http://zendcon.com
- Looking for some ways to get into test-driven development or just get some practive? Try porting some http://codingkata.org/katas/ to php_unit or your favorite test-suite. Post your test suite to the forums and put us to the challenge as well.
- Munchkin – Learn Greenfield Test-driven development with PHP: http://alternateillusion.com/2010/07/22/munchkin-a-k-a-learn-greenfield-tdd-with-php/
What else did we talk about? Feel free, add to the comments.
I’m also happy to announce the site is (hopefully) back on line. It appears that our 4 month hiatus on the web has to do with our ancient CMS we are using. One day….ONE DAY we will upgrade to something modern.
Feel free to post your suggestions below.
Read more if you want to know the simple solution.
I’m going to go hang my head in shame for leaving our happy home off-line for so long.
See you in October!!
$HTTP_GET_VARS = $_GET;
$HTTP_FILES = $_FILES;
$HTTP_REQUEST_VARS = $_REQUEST;
$HTTP_COOKIE_VARS = $_COOKIE;
/hangs head in shame 🙁
Full article on Onextrapixel: An Overview of PHP Framework Guides for Developers via Hacker News
No, wait…come back. This isn’t really about either of them!!
Actually, it’s about you. Are you looking to beef up your skills and catch some new ideas, but don’t have a lot of free time? How does Free PHP Conference from your car sound?
Great! Well grab that smartphone or MP3 player and an FM transmitter (if your radio is old like mine) and take some free sessions from ZendCon on the road! There are three great ways to subscribe:
- Subscribe Google Listen on that Android phone of yours to subscribe to the ZendCon Sessions Podcast . (Or use any other RSS reader)
- Point itunes at iTunes podcast link
- Or, just visit http://devzone.zend.com/podcasts/zendconsessions right from your browser.
Either way, 30 conference sessions from ZendCon 2008 and 2009 are out there and growing. All ready for easy download.
Don’t know where to start? I currently enjoying Episode 26: Best Practices of PHP Development from ZendCon 2008. It’s 3 hours of content, so don’t do it all in one sitting. But, all great stuff for everyone: Revision control (git and svn), coding standards, testing, documentation generation. A great talk for every developer.
There are also talks on PHP 5.3, CouchDB, Security, PECL, PDO, Query Tuning….and it’s amazing—you really don’t need the slides! But, many of the talks do have their slides hosted on slideshare…just check the browser link above.
So, stop checking up on e-mail on your car ride home, and do something useful! It may just save your life!
Have a great trip!
I expect everything else is ok, but if you find anything quirky (well, besides the ancient version of the CMS) let me know with a comment here.