We have two KC PHP User Group meetings per month: a more-formal presentation-led meeting on the first Wednesday of the month and an informal coffee-shop meeting on the third Saturday of the month. Please check our Meetup for more detailed information.
|First Wednesday||6:00 PM||Stowers Institute||Presentations, Hack Nights, and one-on-one assisstance|
|Third Saturday||2:30 PM||Black Dog Coffeehouse||Informal hangout, discussions, and one-on-one assistance|
Our group has been around for a long time, and we get a little attached to our locations. Things change though–coffee shops become blues bars and user groups go searching for a new home. If you have an idea for a better Saturday meeting location, we are interested in exploring options!
Things we are looking for in a venue:
- Relaxed, inviting atmosphere for presentations and conversations.
- Busy places are ok, but need to have a place we can schedule out or better–claim our time recurring slot.
- Central location for at least Downtown KC, Lawrence, Leawood, Olathe, etc (preferably with highway access.
- Air Conditioning (I know, right?) – again, comfortable environment
- More “hangout” less “classroom” – But, a projector or a place to project are prefered.
- Great WiFi is a plus!
- sponsored/office locations will be fine too.
If you have any ideas, please discuss in the comments below or just send them from our meetup link below.