KC PUG has seen many, many great conversations and presentations over the years. But, it’s time to find us a more permanent home, and I could really use your help.
Things we are looking for:
- Relaxed, inviting atmosphere for presentations and conversations.
- Busy places are ok, but need to have a place we can schedule out or better–claim our time recurring slot.
- Central location for at least Downtown KC, Lawrence, Leawood, Olathe, etc (preferably with high way access.
- Air Conditioning (I know, right?) – again, comfortable environment
- More “hangout” less “classroom” – But, a projector or a place to project are a must.
- Great WiFi is a plus!
- sponsored/office locations, will be fine too.
If you have any ideas, please discuss in the comments below or just send them from our meetup link below.
Would love to talk about the possibility of making bizperc (coworking space at 1800 Baltimore) a new home. We would need to talk details. Email me at [email protected]. Thanks! – Sarah Snyder
Not a developer here. Just a FB friend of/occasional fellow cyclist w/ Noah D, but figured I’d chime in with a suggestion for a possible location for kc pug to meet on Saturdays. The Church of the Resurrection West (over near the Honeywell facility just south of K10 & K7 hwys seems like it might be a possibility.
I don’t attend COR West, but they are typically very tech-savvy folks, and the facility likely contains some sort of meeting rooms. I can’t imagine any COR not having onsite WiFi, either. Like I said, I don’t attend either COR location for services, but you could probably cold-call ’em and see if they’d be open to your group meeting there. I’m sure they have plenty of activities going on all the time, but perhaps they’d have a room for you. You never know.
Ask and ye shall receive…?